Conservative Acquisition Strategy
We take a methodical approach to sourcing developable low-risk workforce housing build-able land and Class A, B, and C apartments in growth communities.
Our typical transaction involves contemporary, upscale communities (garden and mid-rise) with more than 38 units, located in growth areas near employment, entertainment and recreation destinations.
While there is no limitation on transaction size, single-asset purchases traditionally range from $1-30 million with a 4-7 year ownership period.
Capitalization rates, IRR requirements and other financial considerations vary depending on real estate and capital market conditions, product type and location, perceived risk and portfolio objectives.
- Detailed pro forma preparation for proposed acquisitions.
Property Management During Acquisitions
Unlike many of our competitors, Alpine Corporation is closely aligned with our property management division. This relationship gives us an advantage during property acquisition, development, and ownership that enables fluid communication into the management process.
- Alpine Management is a premier property management company, that has managed a portfolio of more than 300 units in multiple communities in two states.
- As a property manager, Alpine Management can provide Alpine Corporation with real time data in both current and potential acquisition markets.
- Alpine Management’s years of experience in Alpine Corporation’s target markets and a deep understanding of submarket drivers help spur rent growth, improve occupancy and maintain operating-expense efficiencies.
Disciplined Asset Management
Investment discipline has been a hallmark of Alpine since its inception. Our asset management services include:
- Cash management and thorough financial reporting
- Preparation and administration of property tax returns
- Oversight of capital improvement projects
- Negotiation and supervision of all service contracts
- Preparation and review of all operating and capital budgets
- Property tax servicing and management
- Insurance placement and claim administration
- Pricing oversight for unit renewals
- Online marketing implementation and management
Team of Experts
- Civil Engineers
- Land Entitlement Attorneys
- Transaction Attorneys
- Water Rights Attorneys
- Land Entitlement Consultants
- General Contractors
- Environmental Studies Experts
- Soil Studies Experts
- Asbestos Studies Experts
- Utility Consultants